Sorry for the lack of updates. I hate to admit this but I’m in a very, very bad mood and depression is taking over me. It’s funny how I always bitch about emo characters and such, while now I’m complaining just like them. Congratulations universe, you win.
- Animal Crossing City Folk: while the design is minimalistic in opposed to Harvest Moon and the likes, I still like it a lot, and I think what makes it unique is this approach of design choice (that was chosen since the GCN installement). I’m sure that it’s a game which isn’t aimed for everybody, but I also can’t see why people won’t like it. Quality simulation games are really rare these days, so this is a breath of fresh air to me.
- C&C Red Alert 3: It’s Red Alert, ‘nuff said. While I liked RA2 a lot, I didn’t want to pick RA3 because of the draconian DRM nonsense that EA forced in this game, but damn, I really couldn’t hold myself when I saw it setting on the shelf.
- Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant: I got both for 18 KD, but I decided to sell them instead because Square had really lost what used to make them so unique: polished games. I haven’t even started any of those, and after purchasing them (near-mint 2nd hand, by the way) I truly regretted that but, well, what can I say. If you’re interested in them, you can email me, and I’ll sell them for the same price I got them for. I may start TLR but, I dunno, with all the current releases I don’t see that happening.
- What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, by Haruki Murakami: I’ll be starting it right now, though I’m sure it’s gonna be a good book since Haruki is a brilliant writer in my eyes.
Happy Eid, folks ;)
Nuts & Bolts: Retro Vehicle
50 things you know about me
And I’m posting them to show off.
- I live in a country that’s so beautiful. What, you really expect me to bash my own country?
- I hate studying for major exams
- I hate driving more, much more
- I hate Apple, ‘Think Different’ doesn’t necessarily mean better
- Albeit that, I love my iPod to death
- I love Microsoft but I absolutely hate Windows
- I think Legend of Zeldas (3D) are shallow blocky pixels
- People resent my taste because of this
- I love Nuts & Bolts more than Super Mario Galaxy
- The above sentence is written to drive you nuts
- I used to hate Sushi but now I’m in love with it, especially the shrimp-stuffed one
- I hate Sony more than Apple
- I hate games that relies too much on nudity rather than focusing on building an engaging gameplay (hello, God of War)
- I hate Final Fantasy VII and think of it as a piece of gaming garbage
- If you happen to love Final Fantasy VII you are automatically delisted from my friend’s list, but who cares
- I think that Spectral Force 3 is a better game than Final Fantasy VII
- The above sentence is not supposed to be a joke
- Buffalo’s Chicken Wings (from Buffalo’s West Cafe) is my new favourite main dish
- Although I have a fetish for Mega Man; Samus is my favorite gaming character
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjama is my favorite fable of all time. While it’s not perfect, and critically won’t stand a chance, I still love it because it reminds me of some past experiences
- The above sentence reflects my gloomy nature
- And that reminded me that I love Vileplume a lot. A lot, to the point where I constructed a whole Grass Deck as a tribute for him. Or it. Whatever
- I play Pokemon Trading Card Games since ‘98. While I never played a real match since 3 years (because my friend quit this pricey hobby) I never stopped collecting new expansions and pre-constructed decks. If there is one reason for wanting to live in the US, it’s to find someone to play this awesome game with. I’m tired of replaying the Gameboy game bazillion time
- Wikipedia is my favorite site, because it taught me better than highschool and college combined
- I love Rare a lot. In fact, I love Rare more than any other game company in the industry. They, along with Capcom, knows how to tickle me in the right place
- This generation made me hate Nintendo a-freaking-lot
- I love Western RPGs more than Easterns because they doesn’t have flashy multi-colored animu characters
- And that’s why Final Fantasy Tactics is my favorite RPG of all time. It’s the most mature role-playing game I have ever played. God where have you vanished to, Matsuno. I want a goddamn sequel! >:(
- I officially hate Metal Gear Solid 4, mainly for the scripted gameplay sequences and the story mashup that just doesn’t feel right. Worth a rent, though, but far from being a great game. Here’s a hint: it’s not on my best of 2008 list, and those who are claiming it to be teh best game evarr!! really need to buckle up and play more games, or maybe swtich to films if they like 9 hours of boring cut-scenes
- When it comes to opinions, 99% of the time I don’t take others seriously nor give a care about what they think about anything. If I happen to take your opinions seriously, you should be something special. Or maybe not, who knows
- That doesn’t mean I don’t respect other’s opinions, because these are totally different matters
- ]Despite what’s written in the blog’s header, I hadn’t drank any coffee since almost 2 months
- I love silent (rather atmospheric) games. Metroids, Mega Mans (up to 3, followed by 9), Super Mario Brothers, and so on. I hate how the industry is shaping up to be cinematic rather than building on its own basis
- While I always look sad and angry in all the photos (you all should’ve seen my graduation’s album) I’m really a joyous person. Well kinda
- I hate it when people think it’s cool to post ‘: )’ intead of ‘:)’. Stick to the borderlines and stop creating non-sense mumbles like ^_^ and its sisters. :-) is the way to go!
- My favorite sitcom is The Office (US), followed by Frasier and Seinfeld
- I generally dislike animes, but currently I’m falling in love with Kaiji. Recommended for those who are seeking a tragic show, it really makes you hate humanity, which is awkward to me, that an anime can make me feel this way. 5 stars, go get it
- I love chocolate more than Samus
- While I won’t recommend it to anyone since most people fail at analyzing movies; I consider 2001: A Space Odyssey to be the best film ever made. Not sure why, it’s a combination of my love towards Astronomy, and the fact that it’s partially a silent movie with some of my favorite classics. Requiem for a Dream is another favorite of mine, which people also won’t get
- I rarely use my mobile phone, though I would never live without it
- I’m the laziest person you may ever know. I’m the Slowpoke of our kind
- Speaking of that, and I never mentioned this before; but Crobat is my all-time favorite Pokemon. In my Pearl cartridge I caught a shiny Zubat and evolved it to shiny Crobat BUT MY CARTRIDGE GOT STOLEN >:( may the person who stole it be burned in the depth of hell with Satan. Hell yeah I’m serious, we’re talking about Crobat here >:\
- My favorite song of all time is The Dress, by Blonde Redhead
- I stopped designing big projects in Adobe Photoshop due to time constraints (ideas, too), but I’m always up for small ones
- I never published my last (and best, in my opinion) design because… well, no one would really knows what I’m throwing at. Regardless, you can take a look at it now
- After knowing the full, true story behind the Holocaust (by reading tons of books recommended to me by gaffers) I came to the conclusion that humanity sucks big time, no matter how you spin it
- Aside from Chris Kohler and Roger Ebert, I really lost hope in the so-called proffessional reviewers, and sought to review games for me, myself and I while clinging to the best individuals, here and there but not everywhere
- I’m not thinking about marriage, not even in the long run, because I know I’ll never find a person who suits me perfectly. I have my Pokemons at least, am I right?
- Super Metroid is my favorie game because its emptiness resembles my heart when… who am I kidding! I like it because it’s sheer perfection sauce in every imaginable way. You thought I’ll get all emo at the end, huh? have at you!
- God I don’t know what to write. Gonna get some sleep before eating dinner with a friend of mine